Peter Hawkins is Professor of Leadership at Henley Business School and founder and Chairman of Renewal Associates. He is a leading consultant, writer and researcher in leadership and leadership development and an international thought leader in executive teams, and systemic team coaching.
He has recently led a major global research project on Tomorrow’s Leadership and the Necessary Revolution in Today’s Leadership Development.
Over the last 35 years he has worked with many leading companies all over the world, co-designing and facilitating major change and organizational transformation projects and coaching company boards and leadership teams. He has helped several senior executive teams develop their vision, values and strategy for the future, both in commercial companies, finance, public sector, higher education and large professional service organisations.
Peter lectures and teaches programs around the world on:
• Systemic team coaching
• Coaching your own team to create high performance
• Creating a coaching culture.
He is the author of several best-selling books including Leadership Team Coaching in Practice (2nd ed, Kogan Page, published June 2018); Leadership Team Coaching (Kogan Page, 3rd ed, July 2017); Coaching, Mentoring and Organizational Consultancy: Supervision, Skills and Development (with Nick Smith, McGraw-Hill/Open University Press, 2nd ed, 2013); Creating a Coaching Culture, (McGraw Hill, 2012); Supervision in the Helping Professions (McGraw Hill, 4th ed 2012, with Robin Shohet); and The Wise Fool’s Guide to Leadership (O Books, 2005).
He is visiting professor in Leadership and Change at the University of Bath, School of Management and in Executive Coaching at Oxford Brookes University School of Management. He is Honorary president of the Academy of Executive Coaching (www.aoec.com) through whom he leads trainings in Systemic Team Coaching internationally, and the Association of Professional Executive Coaching and Supervision (www.apecs.com). He is chairman and on the board of several small companies and charitable trusts.
He is married with three grown up children and five grandchildren, as well as having a range of animals and gardens to look after on his 37-acre estate on the edge of Bath.
This highly experiential program is designed for individual coaches, organizational consultants, HR professionals and Organizational Development & Learning practitioners seeking to develop a team coaching practice. Now more than ever, organizations are looking at how to motivate and manage their teams in a period of change and uncertainty.
This program has been run successfully in London, New York, Los Angeles, Victoria, Beijing, Johannesburg, Bucharest, Istanbul, Copenhagen, Zagreb, Sydney, Singapore, and Lisbon. It has also been adapted to train internal Systemic Team Coaches for one of the “Big Four” international professional services firms.
It will be facilitated by the Founder and Lead Author of Systemic Team Coaching: Developing Collective Transformational Leadership (3rd Ed.) Professor Peter Hawkins. Those completing the program will be awarded the Academy of Executive Coaching (AoEC) Certificate in Systemic Team Coaching which carries 19 ICF CPD credits (3 Resource Development & 16 Core Competency). This programme is being co-sponsored and organized by Renewal Associates, The Team Coaching Zone and the Academy of Executive Coaching. The Systemic Team Coaching Certificate doubles as the foundation/first module for the
5-course Diploma program. The Certificate workshop runs regularly throughout the year, enabling delegates to have enough time to gain further experience of team coaching before moving on to the Diploma program. The emphasis in the Certificate is on covering the theoretical basics of Systemic Team Coaching.
Watch Peter talk about the five disciplines
of high performing teams:
Gain an understanding of the theory and practice of Systemic Team Coaching
• Learn about why team coaching is becoming more and more important and the research on high performing teams
• Adopt a working definition of Teams and Team Coaching that you can test and utilise
• Learn the Hawkins 5 Disciplines Model of team coaching: 1) Commissioning, 2) Clarifying, 3) Co-Creating, 4) Connecting, 5) Core learning
• Learn different coaching interventions for each of the five disciplines
• Learn the CIDCLEAR model of managing a coaching relationship, including how do you contract with the whole team
• Learn how to apply and be accredited to use the Team Connect 360 diagnostic instrument for use with clients in step 2 of the STC process
• Focus on Self as Instrument – utilising physical senses, rational, intuition and body-sense as the ‘data collector’ and sense maker
• Work in teams to coach a simulated team situation.
Structure of the Program
Prior to the workshop you will be required to engage in a Virtual Module comprising: webinar, article, case study and Team Connect 360 Report, that will give you a sound basis for engaging with the STC® process, then over the three-day workshop the facilitators will build on this work to:
• Provide rich didactic context in which we discuss and debate different aspects of systemic teamwork and team coaching.
• Use a business simulation to evoke the experiences of both coaching a team and experiencing being coached and applying the diagnostic Team Connect 360 Report.
• Take you through an experience of sculpting and interpersonal exercises to understand team relationships.
• Guide you in a peer supervision group to apply the model and methods of the Hawkins 5 Disciplines to a team you are working in/with.
• Work with our own large group process as a way of engaging live with the interpersonal dynamics and psychological models.
Team Connect 360 Diagnostic instrument
AoEC in partnership with Peter Hawkins have taken his 20 years of extensive research and development in high performing teams and created an on-line team diagnostic instrument – the Team Connect 360 – based on his 5 Disciplines model. On the program you will experience the instrument and learn how it can be used. On successfully completing the programme you will become a licensed user and so have the option of using this instrument with your professional clients.
Introduction, Overview of programme, Group contracting
Why Team Coaching – For World, For Organisations, Why for the coach, (WIFM)
What is a team / What is Team Coaching – the continuum of team coaching
Team Coaching journey – The CIDCLEAR model – Contracting for Team Coaching
Homework – filling in the High Performing Team Coaching Questionnaire on a team you are either coaching, leading or a team member.
Learning review. Peer coaching on completed
Five disciplines of Team Coaching
Commissioning Discipline: Challenges, Coaching methods and approaches, Use of Team Simulation
Clarifying Discipline: Challenges, Coaching methods and approaches, Use of Team Simulation
Learning review. Co-creating Discipline, Challenges, Coaching methods and approaches, Use of Team Simulation
Connecting Discipline, Challenges, Coaching methods and approaches, Use of Team Simulation
Core Learning Discipline, Challenges, Coaching methods and approaches, Use of Team Simulation
Planning application to one’s own work and future development.
If you want to cancel your registration, notification in writing should be sent to [email protected].
Please make sure you state the name of the event in the subject line of your email.
If you are not able to attend the event, a substitute can be sent in your place at no extra charge.
Please note that you are still liable for the cost of the event if you do not attend on the day.
• Cancellation 3 months or more before the event – Full refund • Cancellation up to 2 months before the event – a refund of 50% will be given
• Cancellation less than 14 days before the event – No refund
Best People In Town shall not be liable to refund for any other penalty if the event will be cancelled due to fire, strike lock-out, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.